Let's Escape
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Escape

Are you searching for a place to forget all your problems and to have fun then this is the right place....you can discuss your problem or share your happiness with us

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love hurts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LOVE

Love hurts Empty
PostSubject: Love hurts   Love hurts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 4:02 am

I've been married for about 14 months and just found out my husband is an alcoholic. Sure, we would have a few drinks with dinner at home and out socially, but he was leaving work and DRINKING heavily during the day in secret. This was being done even after I asked him to stop and took away the bottle of vodka. He was hospitalized (in ICU for seven nights, in hospital for ten days total) for several things, most related to drinking, and almost died. I was the one that realized he was sick and called 9-1-1, stood by his side the whole time, and supported him though it all. Throughout this whole ordeal, he constantly referred to me as a previous girlfriend WHEN he was conscious (he and I dated for about three years long distance before we married – though, now I suspect he was seeing her and this other person until very recently). I have no idea why, nor do I know how the mind of an alcoholic works - this is my first go-around with this. Why would he do this, how could he forget me, and why can't he let go of her (or them)? He says it is over and has been with her (or both of them). He says he has no idea why her name - it was mainly the one - kept coming up. I am now on an anti-anxiety medication from all of this. I just don't know if I'm stupid to believe there is nothing there, or if there really is something to all of this. My gut feeling tells me there is something, and I'm not wrong too many times - I may be slow - but not always wrong. I've been suspecting this other person is still in his life for the last year or so, and all of this just makes me more suspicious. Am I going nuts?? I could just be too stressed right now and nothing makes sense. I'd love to hear what others have to say about it. Is it common for “stuff” to come out of people’s mouths when they are medicated and going through detox, but nothing is really meant by it? Or, does it mean something – just the person doesn’t WANT it to come out? Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
copy

Love hurts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love hurts   Love hurts Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 5:16 am

I dont' know for him but when I was drunk, i always talked nonsense.. sometimes there were some truth in what i said but it was always exagerrated because i kept it inside... so, even if what your husband went through is true, it may be years back and he kept it inside without telling anyone.. my suggestion would be to confront him when he's sober... record his voice when he's talking one day and confront him the next.. see what he says .. it would probably hurt but better be aware now than later... i know it's not easy!Sad i've hurt so many of my close friends and family due to drinking too... i've had to go through treatments and take antabuse too but it was worth it.. now i'm clean since 2months and i suggest that he do the same!
Back to top Go down

Love hurts
Page 1 of 1